The Marketing Operations Specialist facilitates the Communications review and approval (CRC), production and distribution of Branded and Non- branded Communications In North America. This position guides marketing and other key functions through the CRC submission, planning, scheduling and routing of promotional, educational and training materials. Additionally, this role assists in the coordination of multiple vendors in the print production, fulfillment and digital delivery of commercial content.
This position will report to the Director, Marketing Operations and is the liaison between the Marketing/Brand teams, agency partners and the CRC Team (comprised of Medical, Legal and Regulatory leadership). Collaboration is necessary to work effectively across other key functions within Commercial (i.e. Field Training, Sales, Managed Markets, etc.) as well as other key corporate functions (i.e., Med Affairs, Compliance, etc.).
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Traffic/workflow coordination
- Coordinate with commercial, ad agencies and other key vendors (print & fulfillment)
- Administrator of the Marketing Operations Review Platform (ZincMaps)
- Lead Activity Planning: Agendas, timelines and project milestones
- Reviews documents to ensure conformity with SOP and other group processes
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and acts upon them
- Facilitates/Communicates OPDP submission requirements
- Supports agency partners and vendors to execute production and distribution activities
- Communicate with fulfillment Center, ad agencies, printers and other key vendors
- Special projects including: direct mail, push, data feeds, creative services, kitting and others as specified
- Develop and publish reports including but not limited to CRC performance, workload, item availability, usage, item expiry
- Support file preparation for record retention
- Ensures all documentation and associated components of final approved projects are stored
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising or related discipline with 2 to 5 years related experience
- Practical knowledge of editorial, pre-press, print production and distribution activities
- Understands promotional approval process and requirements for pharmaceutical marketing.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical promotional guidelines, FDA/OPDP regulatory issues relevant to advertising and promotions
- Highly Organized.
- Pro-actively identifies issues and solves them
- Ability to work independently yet functions as a team player.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing projects that interface with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment; focus on multi-tasking and self-prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and committed follow-through in communications to stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills, presentation delivery as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry’s top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex’s press releases, please visithttp://www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: